ParsNegar II Version 2.50 Read Me File
Please report problems to
firstname.lastname@example.org. But visit the support
section of our web site at
You may find the answer to your problems there.
This version will expire in 30-days. It will simply stop working. Changing your
PC's time can also make the software expire.
The fonts as well as any other components of the software are copyrighted and
you are not allowed to distribute any of them.
If you create web pages using this software, you cannot provide the web font for
download from your web site. You must provide
a link to download the font from our web site (http://www.isc.com.au/WebFont/).
To install and run the software under Windows NT, 2000 & XP, you need to be
logged in as a user with the administrator rights
and have Service Pack 3 or higher installed under Windows NT.
The software has been tested under all western versions of Windows 95/98/Me and
the English version of Windows NT 4.0 and Windows
2000 and XP.
Windows 95/98/Me/NT versions:
- The bidi versions of Windows are not
supported (ie. Arabic and Hebrew versions of Windows).
The far-eastern versions of Windows are not supported, (ie. Chinese, Korean,
The Pan-European versions of Windows are not supported, (ie. Polish,
Russian, Turkish, Greek etc).
Windows 2000 and XP versions:
- The default language setting for the
system must be "Western Europe and English and United States". You can
through the Control Panel and Regional Options.
Known Limitations in ParsNegar II:
- Contextual Analysis (C.A.) only works when typing on the keyboard. C.A. doesn't work when you copy & paste text.
- Typing a letter after a final form of a letter does not make it stick to the previous letter. (To allow for characters which don't have first forms, such as yeh with hamzeh etc.).
- Only one right to left font group can be active at any one time. For example, you can only type Persian, Urdu OR Arabic at the same time without having to change your font group.
- Keyboard auto-repeat is not supported. Holding a key down will not repeat the key, except for the delete and backspace keys.
- There is no TAB key functionality available for right to left text.
- Microsoft Word 2000 will not properly display the text you copy from ParsNegar 2, if you have the Internet Explorer's Arabic Support or Office 2000's Arabic support installed on your PC.
New Features in ParsNegar II version 2.50 since
- The new exiting export "To Unicode HTML
Format" option allows you to export to a web format that does not require
any font installation.
- Support.exe now lists the language
settings for Windows and prompts for user information.
- You can now export the licence information
to be loaded later on to activate the trial version.
New Features in ParsNegar II version 2.10 since Version
- Allow a default location for documents.
- Assyrian support has now been finalised.
- Use Only True Type Fonts option has been added, to resolve
problems with some non TT fonts.
- Licensing information can be entered manually by typing the code in.
- Setup had problems replacing existing fonts, where fonts were corrupted.
- Setup didn't add the installed FontPack fonts to the upgraded installation.
- Setup didn't add FontPack fonts to the font substitution list.
- Support.exe now lists important version details.
- Support.exe now lists the system keyboard in use.
- Kurdish is now supported.
- Assyrian is now supported.
- Keystroke record and playback feature.
- Synchronised screen size with paper width.
- Easier debugging features.
- Left and right indentation sizes can be adjusted.
- Printer initialisation can be simplified to avoid problems with certain printers drivers (eg. non-Microsoft supplied printer drivers such as the ones that come with HP Deskjet printers) Always install the printer drivers that are supplied by Microsoft not the printer manufacturer.
- Right clicking on ParsNegar documents allows also printing now.
- Licence files can be opened directly from Windows Explorer to be loaded.
- A support utility is installed in ParsNegar's installation folder.
New Features in ParsNegar II since Version
- Rich text editing features added, such as
different fonts at different sizes, bold, italic, underline etc.
- Can export text to plain text.
- Can export to RTF.
- Can export to HTML.
- Images can be copied and pasted into ParsNegar
(including OLE objects - limited in place editing).
- Numbers are written left to right.
- Diacritics/vowels can be entered in to the text without
terminating the previous letter.
- One level Undo feature has been added.
- Find and Find Next functions have been added.
- Arrow keys behave as expected at the end and beginning of
- Holding the shift key and typing will no longer highlight the
- Text can be highlighted and typed over.
- The normal Windows edit keys, Ctrl X, C, V, now work as
expected (but they are not listed as shortcut keys in menus).
- Text can be dragged and moved around.
- Text can be dragged and dropped into other Windows
- Contextual Analysis improved - it now works when any forms of
a letter is typed at the keyboard.
- Keyboard definition no longer requires you to only add the
initial from of each letter to the keyboard.
- ParsNegar can now hold unlimited amount of text.
- When leaving an un-saved document, user can now cancel and
continue editing the document.
Problems fixed in ParsNegar II version 2.10:
- Many of the problems with the Urdu support (mainly the look of the
letters) have been fixed.
- Printer ejects a blank page on start up and also when Printer and Page
Setup are selected from the menu. [FIXED]
- The cursor is moved to the start of the previous line after a line
- The On Screen Keyboard (OSK) font size gets set to something huge and
no keys are displayed on the OSK. [Font sizes larger than 36 are now
reset to 18] [FIXED]
- Under some conditions the page margins are set too wide and cannot be
- Typing while holding down a key does not advance the cursor to the
left. [This is due to holding a key down while pressing another -
still one key at a time] [FIXED]
- Lines containing no spaces fail to wrap properly. [In the absence of
spaces, lines break at the final shape of letters] [FIXED]
- Vowels after a letter that does not stick to the next letter and a
letter that sticks to the previous disrupts letter shaping, eg. rooze-e-gar.
[Can still happen if two vowels are entered one after another] [FIXED]
- The backspace and delete keys does not auto-repeat when holding down. [FIXED]
- Under some Windows NT installations, the user gets invalid font messages.
- Under Windows NT installations, the user had to be logged in with the
administrator rights to use the software. [FIXED]
- Proper versions of Hamzeh are not available on the Persian Keyboard. [FIXED]
- An error messages is displayed if printer is not turned on or online
when ParsNegar starts or when Printer and Page Setup is selected from
the menu. [FIXED]
- If margins are set too wide, they are blindly set to 25mm. [Margins
are now set to 1/8 of height and 1/6 and width of the printer's paper size]
- Licence files emailed to Hotmail accounts are corrupted. [FIXED]
- Licence files emailed to AOL accounts with AOL software are corrupted.
- If no printers are installed too many error messages are displayed. [FIXED]
- Only true type fonts were added to left to right font list on the toolbar.